Afridi and Abdul Razzaq key for Melbourne Renegades

All-rounders Abdul Razzaq and Shahid Afridi expect their T20 stint in Aussie will get them prepared to beat English side next month. Abdul Razzaq missed ODI series against Bangladesh caused by a shoulder problem sustained against Sri Lanka a few weeks ago, but said he’s fit again and expects to play a part against England.

“My injury problem wasn’t severe and i’m now completely fit,” Abdul Razzaq told AFP before his flying. “I am extremely eager to play against England and do my part in the team’s success over England.” Pakistan play England in 3 Tests, 4 ODI and 3 T20 internationals in the UAE in January.Both Abdul Razzaq and Afridi will play for Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League starting Dec 16. Abdul Razzaq says England will be difficult to defeat. “They (England) are the top side in Tests so it will be difficult to defeat them, but our side is doing nicely and is on a roll under Misbah-ul Haq as skipper so we will try our very best to defeat them,” says Abdul Razzaq.

Abdul Razzaq says he’s cricket left in him.”I can still play my part for the squad in both Tests and ODI, so if I’m given the chance then I will do my best,” says Abdul Razzaq, who’s so far played 46 Tests, 265 ODI and 26 T20 for Pakistan.

0 comments: